Backup Err Msg: Error Creating Component File on Drive X (100621)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q100621
If you try to back up files using the MS-DOS Path option in Microsoft
Backup for Windows, you may receive the following error message
Error creating component file on drive <X>. Please replace the volume
in drive X.
where <X> is the letter of your floppy disk drive.
This problem occurs if you do either of the following:
• Use an unformatted floppy disk
• Type an invalid character in the path (for example, a:\*.* or d:\?xxx)
To correct this problem, make sure you are using valid characters in the
path, and use preformatted disks to back up files using the MS-DOS Path
option or back up files directly to drive A or drive B.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: