MS-DOS Setup Err Msg: Setup Cannot Install MS-DOS 6... (100741)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q100741
If you have an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) version of MS-DOS that
uses logical sectoring, you receive the following message if you start your
computer with the MS-DOS 6 or 6.2 Upgrade Setup Disk 1 in drive A:
Setup cannot install MS-DOS 6 because there is no operation system on
This error message is displayed because MS-DOS Upgrade does not recognize
your partitioning scheme.
To work around this problem:
• Restart (boot) your computer from the hard disk, your original OEM
MS-DOS disk, or another floppy disk that boots your current version of
• Run Setup from MS-DOS Upgrade Setup Disk 1.
Setup automatically converts your nonstandard (logical sector) large
partition to MS-DOS 5.0, 6.0, or 6.2 compatible large partitions.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: