SETUP /E Removes Undelete Icon from Windows Program Manager (101888)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
• Microsoft Windows 3.1
• Microsoft Windows 3.11
• Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.1
• Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11
This article was previously published under Q101888
If the optional Windows-based versions of Microsoft Backup, Microsoft
Undelete, and/or Microsoft Anti-Virus have already been installed and
you run SETUP /E using the following selections, the Undelete icon in
Windows is deleted.
• Undelete is selected for MS-DOS Only or None
• Backup and/or Anti-Virus are selected for Windows Only or Windows
There are two ways to work around this problem:
• Run SETUP /E again and select Windows Only for Undelete, and select
None for Backup and Anti-Virus. This creates a new Undelete icon.
• Manually create the Undelete icon as follows:
• In Windows, double-click the Microsoft Tools group.
• In Program Manager, choose New from the File menu.
• Select Program Item, and choose OK.
• In the Description box, type Undelete.
• In the Command Line box, type C:\DOS\MWUNDEL.EXE where "C:\DOS" is the directory containing your
NOTE: Do not use the file UNDELETE.EXE, which is for the MS-DOS level
• In the Working Directory box, type the location of the Windows
directory, for example C:\WINDOWS,
then choose OK.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: