Removing SWITCHES=/F/N from the DBLSPACE.INI File (103528)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q103528
This information applies to both Microsoft DoubleSpace and Microsoft
DriveSpace. For MS-DOS 6.22, use DRVSPACE in place of DBLSPACE for commands
You can add SWITCHES=/N, SWITCHES=/F, and SWITCHES=/F/N to the
DBLSPACE.INI file with the following commands:
However, since there is no DoubleSpace command to remove these
entries, you must do so using a text editor.
To remove the SWITCHES entries from the DBLSPACE.INI file:
• Remove the Read-Only, System, and Hidden file attributes on the
DBLSPACE.INI file. For example, if drive H is your host drive,
type the following at the MS-DOS command prompt and press ENTER:
NOTE: To determine which drive is your host drive, type dblspace
/list at the MS-DOS command prompt.
attrib h:\dblspace.ini -r -s -h
• Using MS-DOS Editor, edit the DBLSPACE.INI file and remove the
• Save the DBLSPACE.INI file and quit MS-DOS Editor.
• Use the ATTRIB command to reset the file attributes on
DBLSPACE.INI. For example, if your host drive is drive H, type
the following command and press ENTER:
attrib h:\dblspace.ini +r +s +h
For more information on the SWITCHES entry, type help switches
the MS-DOS command prompt and then press ENTER.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: