DoubleSpace Err Msg Mounting CVF: There Is a Disk Error on... (103533)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q103533
This information applies to both Microsoft DoubleSpace and Microsoft
DriveSpace. For MS-DOS 6.22, use DRVSPACE in place of DBLSPACE for commands
If you copy a compressed volume file (CVF) to a DoubleSpace-compressed
drive and attempt to mount the file, you receive the following
For example, you receive this error if you copy DBLSPACE.001 to your
compressed drive C and type dblspace /mount=1 c: at the MS-DOS command prompt. In addition, your drive
C is unmounted.
DoubleSpace is not designed to support mounting CVFs from CVFs.
To work around this problem:
• Restart your computer to gain access to your compressed drive.
• Copy the CVF from your compressed drive to an uncompressed drive.
• Mount the CVF from the uncompressed drive.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: