Interactive Boot Displays AUTOEXEC.BAT Messages Twice (103546)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q103546
You can use the /Y parameter with MS-DOS 6.2 COMMAND.COM to interactively
process any batch file. (The /Y parameter is ON by default for AUTOEXEC.BAT
when performing an interactive boot). The following list includes some of
the behaviors that using the /Y parameter produces:
• If you have ECHO ON, each line is displayed twice. To avoid this,
add ECHO OFF as the first line of your AUTOEXEC.BAT file and press
Y when you are prompted to process that line.
• When a batch file line is displayed for prompting, replaceable
parameters (%1, %2, and so forth) and environment variables are
already replaced with their values. This can be useful for
debugging batch files.
• You can easily prompt for user input without using the CHOICE
command. For example, if a batch file includes "command /y /c
scandisk /all," you are prompted with "scandisk /all (Y/N)?"
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: