MS-DOS 6.2 Upgrade Setup Replaces MEMMAKER.INF File (103550)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q103550
MS-DOS 6.2 Upgrade Setup replaces the MEMMAKER.INF file in the
directory that contains your MS-DOS files (typically C:\DOS).
If you have customized your MEMMAKER.INF file, your changes are lost
when you run MS-DOS 6.2 Upgrade Setup.
To work around this problem, do one of the following:
• Copy your old MEMMAKER.INF file from the OLD_DOS.1 directory. For
example, type copy c:\old_dos.1\memmaker.inf c:\dos at the MS-DOS command prompt and then press ENTER.
• Modify the new MEMMAKER.INF file.
NOTE: The new MEMMAKER.INF file contains entries that were not
included in MS-DOS 6. For more information, read the comments in the
new MEMMAKER.INF file. To do this, type edit c:\dos\memmaker.inf
at the MS-DOS command prompt and then
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: