WFWG File Manager GP Faults When You Use a Multi-Config Menu (103749)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
• Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11
This article was previously published under Q103749
Windows for Workgroups version 3.11 File Manager may cause a general
protection (GP) fault in KRNL386.EXE when you start your system with
an MS-DOS multiple-configuration (multi-config) menu.
This problem occurs when you start your system with a multi-config
menu without loading IFSHLP.SYS.
Ensure the configuration menu for Windows for Workgroups loads
IFSHLP.SYS from the CONFIG.SYS file.
To add or remove programs from the Works Suite follow these steps:
• Insert disk one of the Works Suite 2001 disks.
• Click Start, click Run and then type CD-Drive:\setup.exe (for example, D:\setup).
• Click Custom.
• Click the button corresponding to the program that you want to install.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: