MCA and Microsoft Bus Mouse Compatibility (103915)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 6.x
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 7.x
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 8.x
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 9.0
• Microsoft Mouse Driver for Windows 9.0
This article was previously published under Q103915
Micro Channel Architecture (MCA) computers are not compatible with
the Microsoft bus mouse.
The Microsoft bus mouse is not designed to be installed in a MCA
machine. The inport card is too large to fit in the expansion slot.
All IBM PS/2 Model 50s and higher are MCA machines. Other companies
manufacturing MCA machines include NEC, AT&T, CBM, and NCR.
NOTE: The IBM PS/2 Model 30 and PS/1 computers are ISA machines and
do support the Microsoft bus mouse.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: