DBLSPACE ERR Msg: Invalid DBLSPACE.INI Setting: SWITCHES=/N (104034)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
This article was previously published under Q104034
If you modify the DBLSPACE.INI file with the DBLSPACE /SWITCHES
command in MS-DOS 6.2 and then uninstall 6.2 and use MS-DOS 6.0, you
receive one of the following error messages when you boot your
These switches are not valid for the MS-DOS 6.0 DBLSPACE.INI file.
To work around this problem, edit the DBLSPACE.INI file and then add
the switches to the CONFIG.SYS file. For example:
• Use the ATTRIB program to clear the DBLSPACE.INI file attributes.
attrib -r -h -s h:\dblspace.ini
To determine which drive is your host drive, type dblspace /list at the MS-DOS command prompt and then
• Using MS-DOS Editor, edit the DBLSPACE.INI file and remove the
• Save the DBLSPACE.INI file.
• Edit the CONFIG.SYS file on drive C and add the SWITCHES entries.
• Save the CONFIG.SYS file and exit MS-DOS Editor.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: