Step-Up or Uninstall Err Msg: Error Reading File DOSSETUP.INI (104530)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q104530
MS-DOS 6.2 Step-Up and MS-DOS Uninstall may exit with the following
This error occurs when MS-DOS Step-Up or Uninstall cannot find DOSSETUP.INI
or UPDATE.INI. This problem can occur if the files are missing, corrupted,
or not located on the same drive as SETUP.EXE (or UNINSTAL.EXE).
To work around this problem, check the following:
• Ensure all the MS-DOS 6.2 Step-Up files are on the same disk.
• If you are uninstalling MS-DOS, ensure the Uninstall disk is in
• Ensure MS-DOS can read the disk. For example, type copy /b a:*.*
nul at the MS-DOS command prompt and
then press ENTER.
• If you downloaded MS-DOS Step-Up from one of the electronic services,
try downloading it again.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: