MS-DOS Setup Err Msg (CD-ROM System): Hard Disk Not Readable (104534)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q104534
If you have an Adaptec 1542B SCSI disk, a SCSI CD-ROM drive, and
ASPI4DOS.SYS is loaded when you install MS-DOS, you may receive the
following error message:
Hard disk not readable
This problem occurs when Setup thinks the CD-ROM drive is the boot drive.
This problem occurs when you have the CD-ROM drive and the SCSI drive set
to #0 and #1, respectively.
To work around this problem, do one of the following:
• Remove the disk from the CD-ROM drive, restart your computer, and
• Remove ASPI4DOS.SYS from the CONFIG.SYS file, restart your computer,
run Setup, put ASPI4DOS.SYS back in the CONFIG.SYS file, and then
restart your computer again.
• Reconfigure the CD-ROM drive so it uses a SCSI ID other than 0 or 1.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: