Running MSD 2.01 under Windows Causes DoubleGuard Error (104732)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
• Microsoft Windows 3.1
• Microsoft Windows 3.11
• Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.1
• Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11
This article was previously published under Q104732
Running Microsoft Diagnostics (MSD) under Windows or Window for
Workgroups may result in one of the following error messages:
• This program has violated system integrity due to execution of
an invalid instruction and will be terminated.
• DoubleGuard Alarm #xx
A program has corrupted memory belonging to DoubleSpace.
Further disk activity could result in the loss of some or all of the
data on your drive. Therefore, DoubleGuard has halted your computer.
For more information, see the README.TXT file.
To work around this problem, exit Windows or Windows for Workgroups
before running MSD.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: