DblSpace Err Msg: An Unrecognized Error Has Occurred During... (104778)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q104778
This information applies to both Microsoft DoubleSpace and Microsoft
DriveSpace. For MS-DOS 6.22, use DRVSPACE in place of DBLSPACE for commands
When you try to compress disk, you may receive the following error message:
An unrecognized error has occurred during compression. Your files
are still intact, but might be located on a different drive than
before you ran DoubleSpace Setup.
This error occurs if:
• You try to compress a write-protected removable media disk.
• The root directory of the drive being compressed is full.
To work around this problem, make sure the media you are trying to
compress is not write protected and the root directory is not full.
For more information on root directory file limits, query on the following
words in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
root and subdirectory and ms-dos and file limit
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: