How to Recover from a Failed MS-DOS 6.2 Step-Up Installation (104988)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
This article was previously published under Q104988
If MS-DOS 6.2 Step-Up Setup is interrupted before the update is
finished, restart your computer with your Uninstall disk in drive A,
uninstall MS-DOS 6.2, and then run Step-Up Setup again.
If your Uninstall disk is unavailable for some reason, you can use the
following procedure to work around this problem:
• Copy all files from the C:\OLD_DOS.1 directory to your original
MS-DOS directory (typically C:\DOS).
• Start (boot) your computer from an MS-DOS 6.0 floppy disk.
• Use the SYS program to transfer the MS-DOS 6.0 system files to
drive C (or the host drive for C if C is compressed).
• Run MS-DOS 6.2 Step-Up Setup again.
If Step-Up cannot run because it does not recognize your MS-DOS 6.0
files, you may have to install MS-DOS 6.0 before you run Step-Up
again. For more information, see section 4 of the MS-DOS 6.2 Step-Up
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: