Backup Err Msg: Backup Requires Configuration for This... (106128)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q106128
Starting Microsoft Backup for MS-DOS (MSBACKUP.EXE) opens the
following configuration screen after an initial backup configuration
has already been performed:
This message appears for one of three reasons:
• This is the first time Backup has been run.
• Backup cannot locate the MSBACKUP.INI file in the MS-DOS
• The A and/or B drive(s) have been changed from high density to low
density (or vice versa).
To eliminate this error, perform the Backup configuration again.
The first time you run Backup, you are required to perform a
configuration setup. This creates the files MSBACKUP.INI,
MSBACKUP.TMP, MSBACKUP.RST, MSBACKUP.LOG, DEFAULT.SET, DEFAULT.SLT,
and DEFAULT.CAT in the MS-DOS directory.
You must perform the configuration setup again if the MSBACKUP.INI
file is removed from the MS-DOS directory or if the physical removable
drive, A or B, is changed from high density to low density or
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: