Err Msg Running MemMaker: EMM386 DMA Buffer Is Too Small... (106129)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q106129
You may receive the following error message when you run MemMaker:
EMM386 DMA Buffer is too small. Add D=48 parameter and reboot.
This problem occurs when you are running:
• Qemm instead of EMM386.EXE version 4.48 (which is included with MS-DOS
• EMM386.EXE version 4.44 (which is included with Windows 3.1).
To work around this problem:
• Change the EMM386.EXE command in your CONFIG.SYS file to correctly
reference the version supplied with MS-DOS 6.2, and then run MemMaker.
For an example of this command, see step 2 in the procedure below.
• Replace the Qemm commands with the correct MS-DOS commands for HIMEM.SYS
and EMM386.EXE and then run MemMaker. To do so:
• Edit the CONFIG.SYS file and remove the Qemm statements to disable
• Add DEVICE commands for HIMEM.SYS and EMM386.EXE (including the
D=48 parameter). For example:
• Reboot your computer and run MemMaker.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: