Microsoft Delete Tracker Cannot Undelete Zero-Byte Files (106154)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q106154
When Undelete Delete Tracking is enabled, you cannot undelete a
You may be able to undelete the file by using the Undelete /DOS
command as follows:
• Change to the directory that contains the deleted file.
• At the MS-DOS command prompt, type the following command
and press ENTER:
If one of your applications (such as Lotus 1-2-3) uses a zero-byte
file and you cannot undelete it, contact your software vendor for
assistance in replacing the file.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in MS-DOS Undelete versions
6.0, 6.2, and 6.21. We are researching this problem and will post new
information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: