Turtle Beach Sound Card: No Sound After Running MemMaker (106424)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q106424
Your Turtle Beach sound card may not function correctly after you run
MemMaker does not detect the memory range used by the Turtle Beach
sound card ROM.
To work around this problem:
• Edit your CONFIG.SYS file and add X= parameters to exclude the
memory ranges used by your sound card. For example:
NOTE: To determine what the memory address your card uses,
consult your hardware documentation or contact Turtle Beach.
device=c:\dos\emm386.exe noems highscan x=d000-d1ff x=d600-d7ff
• Run MemMaker, choosing Custom Setup.
• Choose Yes in response to the prompt "Keep current EMM386 memory
exclusions and inclusions?"
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: