MS-DOS 6.2 Setup Err Msg: There Is Not Enough Free Space... (107817)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
This article was previously published under Q107817
When you run the MS-DOS 6.2 Setup, you may receive the following error
This error may occur even when there is enough disk space available.
This error message can appear if any of the following conditions exist:
• Delete Sentry is running.
• The actual compression ratio (ACR) does not equal the estimated
compression ratio (ECR) for DoubleSpace.
• The beginning and ending signatures of the compressed volume file for a
compressed drive need to be rewritten.
To work around this problem, do the following:
• Unload Delete Sentry and purge the SENTRY directory. To determine the
status of Delete Sentry, type the following at the MS-DOS command
• In the DoubleSpace program, set the ECR to equal the ACR. To do this,
type dblspace at the MS-DOS command
prompt. Select the Drive menu by pressing ALT+D and then select the
Change Ratio option. Change the ECR to the same value as ACR and press
• Change the size of the host drive to force DoubleSpace to rewrite the
beginning and ending signatures of the compressed volume file. To do
this, type dblspace at the MS-DOS
command prompt. Select the Drive menu by pressing ALT+D and then select
the Change Size option. Reduce the free disk space by about 0.5 megabyte
and press OK.
• Run MS-DOS 6.2 Setup again.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: