Defragmenter Err Msg: Program Too Big to Fit into Memory (110621)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q110621
When you run the Microsoft Defragmenter (DEFRAG.EXE), you may encounter the
This error can occur even if plenty of memory is available and the hard
disk drive's specifications do not exceed the limitations of DEFRAG.EXE.
This problem can be caused by either of the following:
• DEFRAG.EXE was not properly upgraded by the MS-DOS 6.2 Step-Up program.
• DEFRAG.EXE has become corrupted.
If you have and MS-DOS Upgrade package, DEFRAG.EXE is not compressed and
can be copied from the original disks. Delete or rename DEFRAG.EXE on your
hard disk drive before copying the replacement file from the floppy disks.
If you installed MS-DOS Step-Up to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.2, copy DEFRAG.EXE
from your original MS-DOS 6.0 disks to your hard disk drive and then run
Step-Up to upgrade DEFRAG.EXE.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: