Drive Access Problems with Dual-Capacity Bernoulli Drive (115178)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q115178
When you have a Bernoulli drive that has two drives in one box and the
first drive is uncompressed and the second drive has been automatically
mounted by the DoubleSpace or DriveSpace automount code, the following
• The compressed drive is mapped over the uncompressed drive.
• The uncompressed drive is mapped to a host drive.
As a result, the drive letter that was the second drive is inaccessible and
returns the following error when accessed:
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in MS-DOS versions 6.2 and
6.22. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in
the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
NOTE: This problem is very rare.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
• Insert a uncompressed Bernoulli in the first drive bay.
• Insert a compressed Bernoulli in the second drive bay.
• Type drvspace /li. (The system is
configured incorrectly after DoubleSpace/DriveSpace automatically mounts
the second drive.)
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: