Hard Disk Access Disappears with Ultrastor 34F Local Bus (117139)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
This article was previously published under Q117139
After you add the line DOS=UMB to the CONFIG.SYS file, only one MS-DOS
command can be executed before hard disk access is lost on a SCSI hard disk
drive controlled by a Ultrastor 34F local bus SCSI controller.
This behavior occurs if DOS=UMB appears in the CONFIG.SYS file before the
Ultrastor SCSI device driver, USPI14.SYS.
To correct this problem, edit the CONFIG.SYS file and add USPI14.SYS before
the line DOS=UMB.
If the USPI14.SYS file is not currently available, remark out the DOS=UMB
line in the CONFIG.SYS until the file can be loaded.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: