DBLSPACE /LIST & DRVSPACE /LIST Report 4096-MB Hard Disk (120117)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q120117
When you check the size of a compressed or uncompressed drive with the
DBLSPACE /LIST or DRVSPACE /LIST command, an incorrect amount of disk space
(4096 megabytes [MB]) is reported.
This situation can occur if the drive in question is not formatted.
Format the drive that is being misreported with the following steps:
• Boot from a bootable floppy disk that contains FORMAT.COM.
• Type the following command at the a:> prompt:
NOTE: If the drive in question is C, add the /S parameter to the
FORMAT command (FORMAT C: /S).
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: