Dell 320 SLI Keyboard Mouse Conflicts w/Mouse Driver 9.0/9.01 (120562)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 9.0
• Microsoft Mouse Driver for Windows 9.0
This article was previously published under Q120562
The Dell 320 SLI laptop computer includes an option to use the keyboard as
a mouse. This option conflicts with the Microsoft Mouse driver.
To use the Microsoft Mouse driver version 9.0 or 9.01, you must disable the
Keyboard Mouse option on the Dell 320 SLI laptop. You can use an earlier
version of the Microsoft Mouse driver with the Keyboard Mouse option.
To disable the Keyboard Mouse function on the Dell 320 SLI laptop, refer to
your computer documentation or contact Dell Corporation.
To install an earlier version of the Microsoft Mouse driver, use the
appropriate method below.
If You Have Not Run Setup for the 9.0 or 9.01 Driver
Run Setup using the Microsoft Mouse driver version 8.x Setup disk.
If You Have Run Setup for the 9.0 or 9.01 Driver
• Delete the 9.0 or 9.01 files in the current mouse directory (usually
• Run Setup using the Microsoft Mouse driver version 8.x Setup disk.
• Open the SYSTEM.INI file in the Windows directory.
• Change the following line in the [386Enh] section from
Setup makes all the other necessary changes.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: