Reinstalling MS-DOS 6.22 Step-Up with DriveSpace Installed (121794)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q121794
To completely reinstall MS-DOS 6.22 from the Step-Up disks, you must first
reinstall the version of MS-DOS that was on the system prior to MS-DOS
6.22. This process can become complicated if the drive containing the
MS-DOS directory has been compressed using DriveSpace.
The only supported method for reinstalling the MS-DOS 6.22 Step-Up on such
systems is to uncompress the drive containing the MS-DOS directory before
proceeding with the reinstallation of the prior MS-DOS version.
To reinstall MS-DOS 6.22 Step-Up on a system whose MS-DOS directory is
located on a DriveSpace-compressed drive, use the following steps:
• Uncompress the drive containing the MS-DOS directory.
• Run Setup with the /F parameter to create a single startup floppy
disk that contains system files from the version of MS-DOS that was
on the system prior to MS-DOS 6.22.
• Boot from the startup disk made in step 2.
• Reinstall the prior version of MS-DOS by running "setup" (without the
quotation marks) from Setup Disk 1.
• Run the MS-DOS 6.22 Step-Up.
• Recompress the drive containing the MS-DOS directory (if desired).
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: