Laser Tools PrintCache (PCACHE.EXE) Hangs MSD (126306)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
• Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11
This article was previously published under Q126306
According to Laser Tools Technical Support, the Laser Tools PrintCache
program causes certain versions of Microsoft Diagnostics (MSD) to stop
responding (hang) when you choose to view network information.
The following versions of MSD hang when you choose to view network
information if PrintCache (PCACHE.EXE) is loaded as a terminate-and-stay-
resident (TSR) program:
• MSD version 2.10 (included with Microsoft Windows for Workgroups
• MSD version 2.11 (included with MS-DOS versions 6.21 and 6.22)
This problem with PCACHE.EXE does not occur with earlier versions of MSD
(2.00 and 2.01).
Use either of the following methods to work around this problem:
• Start MSD with the /I switch to skip hardware detection. Do not choose
to view network information.
• Edit the AUTOEXEC.BAT file and remove or remark the PCACHE.EXE line.
PrintCache is manufactured by Laser Tools, a manufacturer independent of
Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this
product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: