Mouse and IBM Page Printer Hang System (33117)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 7.x
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 6.x
This article was previously published under Q33117
When using the Microsoft Mouse with an IBM Page Printer, the mouse
driver must use MOUSE.SYS rather than MOUSE.COM. To use the mouse with
an IBM Page Printer, do the following:
• Copy MOUSE.SYS from the Setup/Basic Menus disk to the MOUSE1
subdirectory of your hard drive.
• Edit your AUTOEXEC.BAT file (found in the root directory) and
remove the following line:
• Edit your CONFIG.SYS file (also found in the root directory) and
insert the following line prior to the line that loads the Page
• Reboot the machine. The mouse now can be used in conjunction
with the Page Printer.
This information applies to the Microsoft Mouse Driver versions 6.00
through 7.04 for MS-DOS systems.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: