Keyboard Styles for IBM and IBM Compatibles (46918)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 6.x
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 7.x
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 8.x
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 9.0
This article was previously published under Q46918
Use of the Microsoft Mouse menus is sometimes affected by the style of
computer keyboard being used. The following are some major versions
the IBM and IBM-compatible keyboard:
• The "standard" keyboard came with the original IBM PC. This
keyboard includes a numeric keypad on the right-hand side and 10
function keys across the top of the keyboard.
• The "extended" keyboard adds the F11 and F12 function keys to the
• The "expanded" keyboard widens the standard keyboard and reproduces
the nonnumeric keys and the cursor keys in the additional space.
This information applies to the Microsoft Mouse menus packaged with
the Microsoft Serial, InPort, and BallPoint Mice.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: