Selecting Communications Ports, Interrupts in COMPAQ SLT/286 (48414)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 6.x
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 7.x
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 8.x
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 9.0
This article was previously published under Q48414
On a COMPAQ SLT/286, the communications port and its associated
interrupt can be set by using the Setup/Diagnostic program included
with the computer. The following is the procedure:
• Place the Setup disk in your floppy drive.
• Run the Setup program.
• At the menu screen, press F4 to select "change configuration."
• From the next menu screen, select "Modem async-device."
• From the next screen, select "system async device."
• From the next screen, select "com1."
• From the next screen, select "interrupt 4."
• Exit through the screens until you return to the MS-DOS prompt.
The Compaq product included here is manufactured by a vendor independent
of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this
product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: