Using the Microsoft Mouse with Open Access III (68931)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 8.x
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 6.x
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 7.x
This article was previously published under Q68931
Open Access III is an integrated function application that combines a
database, a word processor, and a spreadsheet into one application. The
product is developed and marketed by Software Products International.
You can use the Microsoft Mouse with Open Access III if you perform the
• Copy the Open Access III files MMENU.DEF and MMENU.MNU to the MOUSE1
• Copy the file MENU.COM to the MOUSE1 subdirectory.
• Load the Microsoft Mouse driver.
• Go to the MOUSE1 subdirectory and type:
You should get a "Menu Installed" message.
• Go to the Open Access III subdirectory and start the Open Access III
If this sequence does not work, you may have problems with memory resident
software. In which case, perform the above steps after doing a "clean boot"
with a copy of the original MS-DOS floppy disk.
You can obtain the MENU.COM program from Microsoft Product Support.
The Software Products International product included here is manufactured
by a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or
otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: