Optimum Microsoft Mouse and DOS 4.x Installation (70421)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 8.x
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 6.x
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 7.x
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 4.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 4.01
This article was previously published under Q70421
The Microsoft mouse does not work in DOSSHELL if an IBM mouse driver is
loaded in the DOSSHELL.BAT file. After running DOSSHELL, the mouse
cursor appears on the screen but doesn't respond when the mouse is
This information applies to Microsoft Mouse driver versions 8.00 and
earlier with the DOSSHELL included with MS-DOS versions 4.00 and 4.01.
The Microsoft mouse is disabled when an IBM mouse driver (that is,
/MOS:PC???DRV.MOS) is loaded through the DOSSHELL.BAT file. To work
around this problem, the IBM mouse driver should be deleted from the
DOSSHELL.BAT file as follows.
• Locate the file named DOSSHELL.BAT.
• Use the Type command to view the DOSSHELL.BAT file.
• Find the mouse driver command-line switch /MOS:PC???DRV.MOS, where
??? is IBM, MS, or MSD.
• Make a backup copy of DOSSHELL.BAT.
• Load DOSSHELL.BAT into a text editor.
• Delete the mouse driver call, and add nothing to the file.
• Save the edited DOSSHELL.BAT with the same name.
• Reboot the machine.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: