DOCERR: QuickHelp Searches C:\QH, DPATH, PATH, BOOKSHELF (71975)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft QuickHelp for MS-DOS 1.7
• Microsoft QuickHelp for MS-DOS 1.83
• Microsoft QuickHelp for OS/2 1.7
This article was previously published under Q71975
When invoking QuickHelp with the HELPFILES and QH environment
variables set to directories that do not contain help files, QuickHelp
will search (in the order listed) the following places for help files:
• The directory C:\QH (if it exists).
• The directories listed in the DPATH environment variable.
• The directories listed in the PATH environment variable.
• The directories listed in the BOOKSHELF environment variable
(this only applies to the OS/2 version of QuickHelp).
QuickHelp will stop searching as soon as it finds any help files.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: