MS-DOS 5 README.TXT: Machine-Specific HIMEM.SYS Switches (72159)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
This article was previously published under Q72159
The following information was taken from the Microsoft MS-DOS 5
README.TXT file. This is the packaged product of MS-DOS version 5.0
that is licensed to OEMs (original equipment manufacturers).
Machine-Specific HIMEM.SYS Switches
To install MS-DOS 5.0 on a system listed in this section, you must do
• Insert Disk 1 in drive A and restart your system to run Setup.
• When Setup ends, press F3.
• Edit your CONFIG.SYS file as follows:
• Add the appropriate /machine switch to the DEVICE=HIMEM.SYS
command. For example, if you have an Intel 301z, your
DEVICE=HIMEM.SYS command would look like this:
• Restart your system.
Bull Micral 60 /machine:16
COMPUADD 386 systems /machine:1 or /machine:8
Datamedia 386/486 /machine:2
Hitachi HL500C /machine:8
Intel 301z or 302 /machine:8
JDR 386/33 /machine:1
Toshiba 5100 /machine:7
UNISYS PowerPort /machine:2
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: