MS-DOS 5 README.TXT: Installing on OS/2 Dual-Boot System (72160)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
This article was previously published under Q72160
The following information was taken from the Microsoft MS-DOS 5
README.TXT file. This is the packaged product of MS-DOS version 5.0
that is licensed to OEMs (original equipment manufacturers).
Installing MS-DOS 5.0 on an OS/2 Dual-Boot System
If you install your operating system by using the BOOT /OS2 or BOOT
/DOS command, install MS-DOS 5.0 as follows:
• Start DOS by using the BOOT /DOS command.
• Run Setup.
If you use the form of an OS/2 dual-boot system that prompts you at
startup to select an operating system, do the following:
• Install MS-DOS 5.0 on your hard disk.
• Create a system disk by inserting a disk in drive A and typing the
FORMAT A: /S command.
• Delete the COMMAND.COM file from the floppy disk.
• On the floppy disk, create a CONFIG.SYS file that includes the
shell=c:\dos\command.com /p /e:256
• On the floppy disk, create an AUTOEXEC.BAT file that includes the
• Reinstall the OS/2 operating system on your hard disk.
• Insert in drive A the system disk you created and restart your
• Run the dual-boot program (C:\DUALBOOT\DUALBOOT.EXE).
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: