HDBKUP\HDRSTORE Definition and Usage (73723)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
This article was previously published under Q73723
The Microsoft MS-DOS 5 Upgrade package is shipped with a backup\restore
combination called HDBKUP\HDRSTORE. The Setup program in the Microsoft MS-
DOS 5 Upgrade package gives you the option of backing up your hard disk
before proceeding with the installation. The backup program used in this
instance is HDBKUP.
The HDBKUP program can also be started from the command prompt by
doing the following:
• Insert Disk 1 from the Microsoft MS-DOS 5 Upgrade disks into a
floppy disk drive (for example, drive A).
• Switch to that drive (for example, type a:.
• Type HDBKUP and follow the
instructions on the screen.
Follow a similar procedure for the restore program:
• Insert Disk 3 (5.25 inch) or Disk 2 (3.5 inch) from the Microsoft
MS-DOS 5 Upgrade disks into a floppy disk drive (for example, drive
• Switch to that drive (for example, type a:).
• Type HDRSTORE.
• HDRSTORE prompts you for the source and destination of the restore
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: