Sperry 286 BIOS Versions Earlier Than 1.57 Need an Upgrade (73726)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q73726
The Sperry PC computers may have a problem reading a 1.2 MB floppy disk
under MS-DOS versions 5.0 and later if the BIOS version is earlier than
1.57. The common error message is:
Error: Parameter not compatible
To check the BIOS version on a Sperry model PC, type the following,
pressing ENTER after each line:
This will display the version number.
To order new BIOS (1.58), contact Sperry at (800) 448-1424, 8:00 to
5:00 Eastern time.
The product included here is manufactured by vendors independent of
Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this
product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: