MS-DOS Shell Does Not Update the Directory Tree with CTRL+F5 (74199)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system
This article was previously published under Q74199
If a directory is created when shelled out of Microsoft MS-DOS Shell,
SHELL will only recognize the new directory by performing a full scan.
This can be done with the F5 key, or through the View pull-down menu
by choosing Refresh.
CTRL+F5 is listed in the online help as:
CTRL+F5 Update the file list for the current directory
This will not cause a new directory to appear in the tree.
This problem can be reproduced by doing the following;
• Start the SHELL.
• Press SHIFT+F9 to start a DOS prompt.
• Type MD TEST at the DOS prompt.
• Type EXIT to return to the SHELL.
• Press CTRL+F5. No change in the directory tree will occur.
• Press F5. SHELL will re-scan the hard drive, and the new directory
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: