Future Domain SCSI Controllers Require BIOS Upgrade (74499)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
This article was previously published under Q74499
To successfully install Microsoft MS-DOS version 5.0 on a system
containing a Future Domain SCSI controller card, you must obtain a ROM
BIOS upgrade for the card.
The following information was obtained from Future Domain technical
• Future Domain 8-bit SCSI controllers require ROM BIOS version 7.0.
• Future Domain 16-bit SCSI controllers require ROM BIOS version 2.0.
Without the correct ROM BIOS version, Setup will not be able to see
the hard disk. The version of ROM BIOS for the controller card is
displayed during the boot sequence.
To obtain a ROM BIOS upgrade or further technical support from Future
Domain, please contact FDC Technical Support.
Before contacting FDC, please have the following information
• Model of the FDC host adapter you are installing
• Version of the FDC host adapter BIOS
• FDC host adapter jumper settings
• Version of the FDC software being used
• Exact error message as shown on the screen
• Stage of installation where error message occured.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: