Tandy 1000 TX Video Memory Uses the High Memory Area (HMA) (74655)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q74655
When you try to load HIMEM.SYS on a Tandy 1000 TX, you receive the
following error message:
The Tandy 1000 TX, an 80286 machine, uses the high memory area (HMA)
for video memory. According to the Tandy Corporation, video memory is
hard-wired to the A20 line. As a result, HIMEM.SYS does not load.
Third-party XMS memory managers also encounter a similar message.
The Tandy 1000 TX is manufactured by Tandy Corporation, a vendor
independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise,
regarding this product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: