Screen Display Errors on AT&T 6300 (74815)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q74815
The screen display on your AT&T 6300 doesn't write to or clear the
screen correctly. Common problems include the following:
• Failure to write to the screen correctly (using DIR, and so
• Failure to clear the screen correctly (using CLS).
• MS-DOS Shell fails to display or displays incorrectly.
Both text-based screen writes and clear screen commands affect only the
top half (1/2) of the screen. Most applications work correctly, but from
the MS-DOS command prompt or inside MS-DOS Shell, the screen may not
AT&T has confirmed that these problems occur under ROM BIOS versions
earlier than 1.43.
According to AT&T, if the ROM BIOS version is earlier than version
1.43, then you should upgrade to ROM BIOS version 1.43 to solve these
Customers can order the BIOS update though AT&T's National Parts
Hotline at (800) 222-7278 ( 222-PART). The 1.43 ROM BIOS part
number is 105-203-780.
The products included here are manufactured by vendors independent of
Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these
products' performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: