Installing MS-DOS 5.x or 6.x on Tandy 2500XL/1000TL3/1000TL (75007)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q75007
Before installing Microsoft MS-DOS version 5.0 or later on a Tandy
2500XL or 1000TL3, you must follow the procedure outlined below to
disable the ROM DOS functionality of the machine.
To disable the ROM DOS functionality of the machine, do the following:
• Insert the floppy disk labeled MS-DOS/GW-BASIC into drive A.
• At the A prompt, type SETUPXL if
your computer is a Tandy 2500XL or "SETUPTL3" if your computer is a
Tandy 1000TL3. If you're using a Tandy 1000TL, type SETUPTL.
• The BIOS/ROM DOS Setup program loads and displays a menu of
options. Use the ARROW keys to change from option to option.
Press the SPACEBAR to change the settings. The current settings
are the only ones displayed.
• Use the DOWN ARROW key to select the BOOT SOURCE option. The
choices are ROM and DISK, with ROM being the default.
NOTE: On a Tandy 1000TL, select the PRIMARY STARTUP option. On a
Tandy 1000TL3, select the STARTUP DEVICE option. (The choices
are the same.)
• Press the SPACEBAR once to change the setting to DISK.
• Press the RIGHT ARROW key to select AUTO-DESKMATE. The choices
are ENABLE and DISABLE, with ENABLE being the default.
• Press the SPACEBAR once to change the setting to DISABLE.
• Press F2 to restart the computer and update the EEPROM.
You can now proceed with the MS-DOS 5.0 or 6.0 installation.
The products included here are manufactured by a vendor independent of
Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these
products' performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: