Installing MS-DOS 5.0 on a Tandy 1000HX (75078)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
This article was previously published under Q75078
Before installing Microsoft MS-DOS version 5.0 on a Tandy 1000HX, you
must follow the procedure outlined below to disable the ROM DOS
functionality of the Tandy.
• Insert the original Tandy MS-DOS 2.11 floppy disk into drive A.
• At the A prompt, type SETUPHX
and press ENTER.
• The BIOS/ROM DOS Setup program loads, displaying a menu of options.
Use the UP and DOWN ARROW keys to select options. Use the LEFT and
RIGHT ARROW keys to select settings. (The current settings are
• Use the DOWN ARROW key to select the PRIMARY START-UP DEVICE
option. The choices are MEMORY and DISK, with MEMORY being the
• Use the RIGHT ARROW key to highlight DISK.
• Press the DOWN ARROW key to select the INITIAL START-UP PROGRAM
option. The choices are MENU, MS-DOS, and DESKMATE, with MENU as the
• Use the RIGHT ARROW key to highlight MS-DOS.
• Press F1 to update the EEPROM.
• Restart the computer and proceed to install MS-DOS 5.0.
The Tandy products included here are manufactured by vendors independent of
Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these
products' performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: