SMARTDrive, AST RAMpage, and REMM.SYS (75128)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q75128
If you are loading SMARTDRV.SYS or SMARTDRV.EXE on an 8086/8088 computer
using EMS memory with an AST RAMpage board or a 286 using RAMpage 286+, you
must use version 4.7 of the REMM.SYS driver. If you use an earlier version
of the REMM.SYS driver, data on your hard disk drive may become corrupted.
To obtain REMM.SYS version 4.7, call AST Research or download the file from
the AST bulletin board service (BBS).
The products included here are manufactured by AST Research, a vendor
independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise,
regarding these products' performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: