AT Gigafile Disk Driver Does Not Work with MS-DOS 5.0 (75356)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
This article was previously published under Q75356
You are using an AT Gigafile disk driver manufactured by Core
Technology on your MS-DOS 5.0 system, and your system stops responding
According to Core Technology, the AT Gigafile disk driver does not
work with MS-DOS version 5.0.
The AT Gigafile disk driver provides disk partitioning to manipulate the
32 MB partition limitation under versions of MS-DOS earlier than
version 4.01. This utility is very similar to the Disk Manager and
Speed Store disk-partitioning software.
If the Gigafile disk driver is used, the following line is found in
The system stops (hangs) if this line is present when MS-DOS 5.0 is
• Back up your hard drive.
• Install MS-DOS 5.0 to floppy disks (that is, use "setup/f").
• Use FDISK from the MS-DOS 5.0 Support disk (created during setup
• Delete old non-DOS partition information.
• Create a new MS-DOS partition.
• Format and Restore your hard drive.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: