Setup Hangs on Uninstall Disk with JRAM Board Installed (75789)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
This article was previously published under Q75789
According to Tall Tree Systems, which can be reached by calling (415)
424-8324, if a customer is having a problem installing MS-DOS 5.0 with
a JRAM board installed in the computer, try the following steps:
• Create a bootable disk from the previous DOS version.
• On the bootable disk, create a CONFIG.SYS file that contains only
the device driver for the JRAM board, and set the device statement
to allow for 640K on the JRAM board:
DEVICE=C:\JBOOT.BIN 640 /FQ -C
• Save the CONFIG.SYS file and reboot the system with the floppy in
• Run the setup for MS-DOS 5.0 from the A prompt.
The product included here is manufactured by vendors independent of
Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this
product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: