Problems with Microsoft Mouse, Windows, and PC Tools (77352)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 9.0
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 6.x
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 7.x
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 8.x
This article was previously published under Q77352
The Microsoft Mouse doesn't work in some applications if PC Tools is
installed on the system.
This problem occurs because PC Tools sometimes disables the Microsoft
The PC Tools /ps2 switch may solve this problem.
Running PC Tools Under MS-DOS
If PC Tools is loaded in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file, include the PC Tools
command line switch /ps2 at the end of any PC Tools lines. For example:
Reboot the machine, then try using the Microsoft Mouse again.
If PC Tools is being executed from the MS-DOS command line, include the PC
Tools command line switch /ps2 at the end of the executable statement. For
Running PC Tools Under Windows
If you are running PC Tools from Microsoft Windows, do the following:
• Click once on the PC Tools icon so that it is highlighted.
• From the Windows Program Manager File menu, choose Properties.
• In the Command Line box, add the /ps2 switch to the end of the
The product included here is manufactured by a vendor independent of
Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this
product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: