Scott 286 Model 2000-SC Must Disable ROM DOS (77587)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q77587
When you reboot a Scott 286 model 2000-SC after upgrading to MS-DOS 5 or
later, the following message may be displayed:
This occurs when the read only memory (ROM) DOS has not been disabled.
To disable ROM DOS, do the following:
• Press CTRL+ALT+S to execute the system setup (CMOS) menu.
• From the CMOS menu, choose SETUP press ENTER.
• On the right side of the screen there will be a entry for the
boot device. Highlight ROM and press the F5 key for the next value or
the F6 key for the previous value to change this value to Disk.
• Press the F10 key to save the configuration.
• Reboot the system by pressing the ESC key three times.
The computer will now reboot from disk.
The product included here is manufactured by a vendor independent of
Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this
product's performance or reliability
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: