Move'Em Memory Manager from Qualitas (78198)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 3.1
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 3.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 3.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 3.3
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 3.3a
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 4.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 4.01
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
This article was previously published under Q78198
Qualitas Inc. Move'Em is a program loader designed to load device
drivers and memory resident programs into the upper memory area (UMA).
Qualitas states that Move'Em is fully compatible with MS-DOS versions
3.0 and later.
Move 'Em is not a memory manager. This utility can backfill
conventional memory with existing expanded memory, but does not manage
(or provide) extended or XMS memory.
Move'Em facilitates the moving of device drivers, network system
drivers, and memory resident programs out of the first 640K of
conventional memory. These drivers and programs are moved into the
upper memory blocks (UMB) in the memory range from 640K to 1 MB.
Move'Em provides a resident program optimization utility for
automatically determining the most efficient loading order.
In systems with less than 640K system memory, Move'Em backfills the
conventional memory with expanded memory to provide a full 640K of
usable system memory. This feature requires an EMS 4.0 compatible
memory board or specific chip sets. This feature does not support XMS
• Microsoft MS-DOS or IBM PC-DOS version 3.0 or later
• Either an 80286 or 80386 based IBM PC compatible computer
with a NEAT, LEAP, or AT\386 CHIPSet from Chips & Technologies
with at least 1 MB of memory
• An IBM PC compatible computer with a fully hardware compatible EMS
4.0 board with at least 256K of expanded memory
Qualitas technical support: (301) 907-7400
7101 Wisconsin Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: