Intel EMM.SYS Dated June 1990 or Later with MS-DOS (78290)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q78290
Intel recommends that the EMM.SYS driver for Above Board be dated later
than June, 1990 when used to access expanded memory on 8088, 8086 or 80286
machines with MS-DOS 5.0 and later.
EMM.SYS is Intel's expanded memory manager for the Intel Above Board. The
EMM.SYS version must be dated June, 1990 or later. Using versions earlier
than June, 1990 with MS-DOS 5.0 and later may result in the inability to
access expanded memory.
For more information, query on the following words here in the Microsoft
The product included here is manufactured by vendors independent of
Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this
product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: